Digital Nomad Visa

The Digital Nomad Visa allows you to work remotely for a foreign business while living in Spain.

Find out all you need to know about the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa

The new Spanish Digital Nomad Visas are for any non European Union/European Economic Area citizens who want to travel to Spain and work remotely. This includes working via a company, employer or self-employment, but the job must be completed via a computer and/ or telephone only.

What are the benefits of a Digital Nomad visa?

Here are some of the perks of obtaining a Digital Nomad Visa:

  • You can still work at your current job
  • You will have the right to reside in Spain for up to 5 years
  • You can freely travel within the Schengen zone
  • You only have to have been working at your job for 3 months to be eligible
  • Fast application process. Only takes 15-45 days

What are the financial requirements to be eligible for a Digital Nomad Visa?

Your salary must be at least 200% of the monthly Spanish national minimum wage. This equates to around £2140 per month or £25,700 per year.

What will I need to provide when applying for a Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?

The list of documents you require for this visa will differ with personal circumstances. To find out what documents you need please contact us.

Does the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa allow dependents?

Yes, but when applying for the Digital Nomad Visa you must prove both your relationship to the person – for example a Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate.

Similarly, anyone over 18 must be earning a certain amount of money in order to be eligible for the visa.

This is as follows:

The first family member must prove financial means for at least 75% of the Spanish minimum wage, this is approximately £800 per month or £9,600 per year.

Any additional application must be earning at least 25% of the Spanish minimum wage which equals roughly £270 per month or £3200 per year.

If they will not be working, you must prove you have the financial means to support them.

Translation requirements

Core documents such as birth, marriage, ACRO and medical certificates must be translated. 

We have an in-house, authorised and approved translation service available for you. The translation is included in our visa application package.


In order to legalise documents, the signatories of the certificates must be authenticated. We can provide the legalisation services you need.