Spain Study Visa

The Spanish Study Visa is an option that allows individuals to do more than just study in Spain.

Find out all you need to know about the Student Visa for Spain

The Spanish Study Visa is a much broader visa designed for those who wish to do something less specific and not directly related to their degree.

What can I do with a Spanish Study Visa?

There are a few things you can do with a Spanish Study Visa:

  • Study at an authorised school
  • Volunteering
  • Work as an au pair
  • Studying for a Doctorate
  • Complete a training course
  • Take part in a student mobility programme at an officially recognised teaching or scientific centre
  • Take part in a training placement
  • Work as a conversation class assistant

If your study time is under 90 days, no visa is required.

You can work up to 30 hours a week during term time.

If you have been offered an internship directly related to your studies, please read about the Internship Visa.

What are the benefits of a Spain Study Visa?

Some benefits of the Spain Study Visa include:

  • More work options than on the Internship Visa
  • It lets you work and live in Spain
  • You can stay for longer than 90 days if you apply for a foreigner identity card, known as the arjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE) card, within one month of arrival
  • Once you have finished your course, you can apply for a work visa to go back to Spain and work either for a company or a self-employed individual

What are the financial requirements to be eligible for a Study Visa?

The minimum amount of financial means required is €600 per month or €7,200 per year.

If there is proof that the accommodation has been paid in advance, this sum is subtracted from the €7,200 requirement.

What will I need to provide when applying for a Study Visa?

The list of documents you require for this visa will differ with personal circumstances. To find out what documents you need please contact us.

Does the Spain Study Visa allow dependants?

Your spouse or children under 18 can usually join you in Spain if you are there on a Spanish Study Visa for more than six months. You will need to prove your relationship to them via birth or marriage certificate.

The extra funds required for dependants are as follows:

  • First dependant – €5,400 per year, €450 per month
  • Every dependant after that – €3,600 per year, €300 per month

It may be necessary to provide documentary evidence of kinship between main applicants and dependants. Examples of evidence include Marriage Certificates and Birth Certificates.

Translation requirements

Core documents such as birth, marriage, ACRO and medical certificates must be translated. 

We have an in-house, authorised and approved translation service available for you.

The translation is included in our visa application package.

Legalisation requirements

In order to legalise documents, the signatories of the certificates must be authenticated. We can provide the legalisation services you need.

Convert EUR to GBP